1. What is i watch ?
is a National Citizens Movement for "Transforming INDIA"
means India, Indians, you and me. 'Watch' means that we are 'watching' what is happening in the country and reporting to the citizens in order to create awareness
for the sake of improvement. The 'i'
is small since our Gurus have always taught us that only with humility can we perceive the truth. i watch
is a Registered Charity with the head office located in Mumbai, India. Donations to i watch
qualify for 80G Income Tax benefits
2. How do we operate?
functions in three stages.
3. What have we achieved in the last 13 years?
- The 1st step is to Create Awareness; this note is used for the purpose of creating awareness.
- The 2nd step is to suggest Solutions and Action Plans; this is achieved by our website, interactive workshops and our book titled - Transforming INDIA.
- The 3rd step is Actual Implementation; for this purpose, we assist and network with Government, Public, Private organizations and NGO's.
In 1992, when we started on the journey of Transforming INDIA
, we had no clue as to the focus we should take.
It took us nearly 4 years of research and travel to come to some basic conclusions as to the areas of focus for Transforming INDIA
. This we achieved by 1996.
The focus finally watered down to the following five
- HRD, Education & Training
- Policy Changes regarding, SSI, SME & relevant Labor Laws
- Emphasis in exports, eg. Retail/Wholesale, Manufacturing, Travel & Tourism, Healthcare, Agriculture & Education
- Funding Infrastructure
- Governance & Leadership of India
has had some success in all five areas as we have been able to change the mindset of a large cross section of the decision making population by the use of our following inputs:-
- Interactive workshops, seminars & articles
- Two page note - The INDIA you may not know
- 36 page booklet - Transforming INDIA &
- Website at www.wakeupcall.org
As member's of CII, FICCI and ASSOCHAM and discussions with IBA, RBI, MOF, etc. we were able to influence the meaning of SME
and understanding the limited relevance of SSI
In Educational Reforms
, our thought process regarding Vocational Education & Training, Decontrol & Deregulation of all Higher & Technical Education, are being considered by the Ministry of HRD.
In the last 10 years we would have distributed more than 600,000 copies of our booklet, Transforming INDIA
, conducted a large number of Interactive seminars
and hosted all our ideas and thoughts on our website
In short, we are quite happy about the mindset change and action plans initiated in different parts of India, based on the above strategy taken by i watch
4. Founder of i watch
The Founder Trustee of i watch
, Krishan Khanna, is an IIT Kharagpur graduate in Mechanical Engineering, 1961 batch.
In 1996 he was the recipient of the National Citizens Award presented by the Prime Minister of India.
In 1992 he gave up his professional and business career and started on the journey of Nation Building and Transforming INDIA
. He is a technocrat with 44 years of experience in business, industry, management and teaching.
He is widely traveled in India as well as to all the 5 continents and has been involved with fourteen joint ventures / business partnerships with organizations from the USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Sweden, Germany, Italy, Iran, China, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan and Australia.
He has worked for nearly 6 years in Germany and Japan
The only Constant in Life is CHANGE!Scroll Up